With a view of financing innovative and applied scientific and technical projects in the field of information and communication technologies (ICT) the State Fund for Development of Information Technologies under the Ministry of Transport, Communications and High Technologies of the Republic of Azerbaijan announces small grants competition in the following priority areas:
1. Development of advanced software;
2. Preparation of samples of innovative ICT products;
3. Development of innovative infrastructure, as well as development of new technologies and their commercialization;
4. Construction of information networks based on state-of-the-art technologies;
5. Expansion of ICT services, including the development of Internet services.
Participation in the competition:
Individuals who are citizens of the Republic of Azerbaijan and legal entities who have state registration in the Republic of Azerbaijan can take part in the competition.
Requirements for the projects submitted to the competition:
1. Each project should correspond to the directions established by the Fund;
2. The project should be drafted in accordance with the “Rules for the use of funds of the State Fund for Development of Information Technologies under the Ministry of Transport, Communications and High Technologies of the Republic of Azerbaijan” approved by Decree No. 853 of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan dated April 2, 2013 and “Rules for Organization and Holding of Grant Competitions” approved by the Supervisory Board of the Fund;
3. Each project must be represented by a responsible project manager;
4. The project manager can participate in only one project (except for particularly justified cases).
Rules for admission of projects:
Projects can be submitted only in electronic form in the section of e-grants on the Fund’s official website (www.ictfund.gov.az).
Projects submitted will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
1. Clarity of the objective and task of the project;
2. Contribution of the project to the development of ICT in the country;
3. Commercial potential of the project;
4. Well-pronounced and well-grounded idea of the project;
5. Innovative direction and relevance of the project;
6. Possibility of attracting local and foreign investors to the project;
7. Successful participation of project manager (s) and performer (s) in previously implemented (local and foreign) ICT projects;
8. Logical and real justification of the amount of funding required for the grant project;
9. Evaluation of the economic calculations carried out in the project;
10. Social and economic importance of the project for the country in the future;
11. Coverage of the project results and its possible expansion;
12. Project efficiency and risk assessment in connection with project implementation.
Deadline for the competition:
Submission of projects starts on March 1, 2018 and ends on April 30, 2018.
Deadline for submission of projects is April 30, 2018, at 18:00.
Address: Baku city, Inshaatchilar Ave. 4
Phone: (+99412) 5383787
Fax: (+99412) 5383789