Electronic Security Service
Electronic Security Center (ESC) under Ministry of Communications and High Technologies (MCHT) was established pursuant to the 5th part of the Decree of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan № 708, dated September 26, 2012. By the Decree of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan on additional measures to improve management in transport, communications and high technologies field, dated January 12, 2018, the Center was included in the structure of the Ministry of Transport, Communications and High Technologies as the Electronic Security Service. ESS is a coordinating state authority, which provides coordination of the activity of the entities of information infrastructure, awareness about existing e-dangers (and which can be arisen) on a country level, education of population, private entities and other organizations in the field of cyber security and also provides methodical assistance.
ESS carries out following activities:
- to coordinate the activity of entities of information infrastructure in the area of cyber security;
- to collect and analyze information from users, manufacturers of software, hardware and technical equipment, analogical structures in foreign countries and other sources about cyber-attacks, trespassing, malicious computer programs (hereafter referred as electronic threats of danger) directed against security of information systems and networks, computer equipment and their software, local and corporative information systems and resources;
- to carry out notification of existing and potential cyber threats, to raise awareness of users on issues of cyber-security;
- to prepare instructions and recommendations about the programs, technical facilities to be used against users and provide methodological support to counter cyber threats;
- to implement preventive measures in collaboration with the national Internet operator and MTCHT to repel cyber-attacks in the global Internet traffic;
- to cooperate with other relevant bodies operating in the country to provide preparedness for the cyber security.